Hello Guardians! Hopefully, your March is going well so far. Let’s go over what’s going on next week!
Destiny 2 – Update 3.1.1
This update, although smaller than traditional patches, focuses on key issues that have been plaguing the player experience. Thus far, here are the highlights that we know of:
- Fixed various issues in Fallen S.A.B.E.R. and The Devil’s Lair strikes
- Fixed various issues pertaining to exotic armour
- Weapon Tuning:
- Fixed an issue where flavor text wasn’t appearing for several seasonal weapons.
- Added rumble to the end of Dead Man’s Tale’s reload.
- Adjusted Riskrunner perk VFX that were causing epileptic issues.
- Reduced Arbalest’s aim assist, making it harder to hit headshots in Crucible.
- Set the Frenzy and Cranial Spike perks to use the correct buff icons.
- Fixed Ticuu’s Divination’s missing kill feed icon.
UPDATE 3.1.1 AND MAINTENANCE TIMELINE
Next Tuesday, March 16, maintenance for Update 3.1.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Update 3.1.1 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
As a result of testing being done on clans to help resolve an ongoing issue, clan XP will be temporarily disabled on Tuesday, March 16, from 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC) to 12 PM PDT (1900 UTC). During this time, clan XP from all sources (bounties, activities, etc.) will be lost and won’t count towards clan XP totals.
Grandmaster Nightfalls Return!
Starting on March 16, Grandmaster Nightfalls become available. Let’s recap what you should expect:
- Strike difficulty is set to 1350 Power.
- The minimum power required is 1325.
- Contest Mode is enabled, so even if you go higher than 1325, you will be capped.
- Each strike will have a specific set of modifiers to ramp up the difficulty, so make sure to inspect each one to know which Champions you’ll face, and what other challenges await you.
- One Grandmaster Nightfall will be available each week until April 20
- Starting April 20, you’ll have the opportunity to blaze through all available Grandmaster Nightfalls through a direct launch playlist.
- If you miss a week, the final three weeks of the Season are your opportunity to catch up!
Adept versions of the Nightfall Exclusive Weapons will also be available. Adept weapons feature bonus stats when masterworked, alongside unique mods only available from Grandmaster Nightfalls and Trials of Osiris.
- Complete the Weekly Quest, and kill 60 Cabal with Bows
- Defeat 400 Combatants with a Submachine gun. Kills in Battleground activities earn bonus progress.
- Defeat 80 Combatants using Sniper Rifles, Submachine Guns, Rocket Launchers, or Bows in Nightfall Strikes!
- Defeat 65 Elite/Boss Cabal in Battleground Activities.
- Defeat 200 Fallen. Earn bonus progress for precision final blows. (Double XP)
- Acquire the Pyretic Ornament for the Salvager’s Salvo Grenade Launcher. (Double XP)
- Complete any Nightfall Strike on Grandmaster difficulty. (4x XP)
Have a great week, Guardians!