July 31st – August 28th
Useful Tips (by UberWolf_ on REDDIT)
- Please for the love of god have a fireteam
- On “Chosen” you can spam respawn when you die and are about to wipe when solo, and will respawn before the wipe screen happens.
- In “Payback” , please, stay back with the tank and shoot from a distance, and all the old tank “Summon” plates will heal your tank up to 75%. You can also shoot the Cabal Boss at the end from ways away in the tank.
- in “1AU” , please for the love of god have a fireteam.
- In general, you only need to wear the armour piece that requires that mission for it to count, not the whole set. So you can wear like 385 gear, and your 200 helmet for Homecoming or whatever, makes it much easier.
- Every “Mini-Servitor” in “Spark” actually counts as a miniboss, making this an easy completion!
- Match your Subclass element, and your energy and power weapon element to the Element of the orbs you need!
- For the Strike Orbs, do what I said in the previous bullet point, and load up the normal nightfall. The first 20/30 ads are all Majors, which drop 1-3 Elemental Orbs upon death by elemental damage, you can wipe and repeat as long as you need for this to complete.
- Red bar enemies rarely drop orbs, but they drop a whole bunch from majors. I encourage you to do Glimmer Drill public events, or Escalation Protocol.
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT PICK A WARMIND ONE
Elemental Melee Kills
- For this, you can use an uncharged sword matching the element of the melee kills you require! Super easy!
- If you don’t have a void sword, the sentinel titan “Defensive Strike” overshield will make all melee kills during that count as void! Easy!
- if you don’t have a solar sword, the Ophidia Spathe exotic, with the melee recharge roll, and your “Recharge Throwing Knives on preicision kills” makes this part easy!
- if you don’t have an arc sword… fucking get one, this sucks on warlock don’t even try.
- You could wait until next week for Mayhem for your 30 super kills, but if not, I’ll give some other tips.
- Go in with a fireteam, and chain supers!
- Dont use your super in the middle of a room of enemies if it’s roaming, use it around the corner with teammates to back you up.
- if you have a single use super, use it in the middle of a room of enemies, not around the corner.
- You reset your valor rank and the legend requirement didn’t check for your boot masterwork? Wear the full set and complete one match. Profit!
Yeah, that’s pretty much it. Hope this helps some of you not hate yourselves as much as I do. Good luck Guardians!
New Armor to Upgrade
After you visit the Statue of Heroes, you will receive an uncommon “Scorched” armor set at Power 240. On each armor piece is a series of objectives that you will need to complete to upgrade the armor. Once you have completed the objectives, return to the Statue of Heroes to upgrade to the next set.
After you upgrade your Shattered set, you’ll receive the “Rekindled” set at Power 340 — with a new list of objectives. Once you complete those objectives, your reward is the “Resplendent” Armor Set at Power 400. One final group of objectives to complete, and you’ll unlock the Masterwork version of the armor set.
If you love the way the Shattered or Rekindled sets look, and would rather show those off, we’ve got you covered. Each Resplendent Armor Set offers the previous versions as ornaments, so you can pick and choose how each piece looks.
One of the ways you’ll upgrade your armor during the event is through Redux Missions. We have hand selected 5 story missions and given them some slight alterations. Each mission can be accessed in the Tower by finding its statue. Here are the five missions for the event:
I – Homecoming
II – Spark
III – Payback
IV – 1AU
V – Chosen
Moments of Triumph
Many of you have already begun completing your Moments of Triumph, currently being tracked on Bungie.net. The final five Triumphs will become available at the beginning of the Solstice Heroes event, and can be tracked in-game. Your Triumphs will be tracked by in-game bounties that are obtained at the Statue of Heroes. As you complete and turn in those Bounties, you’ll unlock rewards that can be redeemed at the Statue.
Here is the breakdown of rewards for crossing each point threshold:
- Complete any Triumph – Get your tracking emblem for Moments of Triumph
- This emblem will show total Triumph Points earned
- 125 points – Get the Right Choice, a Legendary Ghost Shell
- 250 points – The Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-shirt offer becomes available
- 300 points – Get Comrades in Arms, a Legendary Sparrow
- 400 points (all) – Get the Eternally Triumphant emblem upgrade
There’s also the Solstice Engram available from Tess Everis. You can earn three per account by completing the event Milestone on each of your characters. No matter what activity you play in Destiny 2 during Solstice of Heroes, you’ll receive one Solstice Engram in addition to the Bright Engram you earn for leveling up.
Here’s a look at some of the rewards that will drop from the Solstice Engram:
Armor Glows also come from the Solstice Engram. These can be applied to any version of the Solstice of Heroes armor sets, to provide Guardians with an enhanced look. Armor Glows are unlocked permanently, like ornaments, and they shine brightest when your subclass element aligns with the element of the Glow.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199
Solstice of Heroes
- Solstice of Heroes becomes available at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
- Fixed an issue where the Fabled Guardian Triumph was not unlocking at the correct Valor rank.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter error code WEASEL when rapidly collecting or storing items in the Vault.