Armour Charges: At a Glance
- As explained by Bungie, the core mechanics of Armour Charge mods are as follows:
- Socketing an armour mod that uses the Armour Charge system gives you access to the system.
- As long as you have a Consuming (Yellow) or Passive (Blue) Armour Charge mod equipped, you can begin generating armour charges
- You can hold between 0 – 3 stacks of Armour Charge by default, which will appear in the Status Effects area on your screen (above your super icon)
- Players can increase their total armour charge capacity by equipping Charge Up Mods to a max up 6 armour charges.
Recommended Armour Charge Mods
- Weapon Surge Mods: Surge Mods, available on leg armour, can increase your overall DPS, which is great for endgame content such as raid, dungeons or Grandmaster Nightfalls.
- Note that these mods are Passive (blue) mods which cause Armour Charge Decay, removing one stack of armour charge every 10 seconds.
- You can slow down the decay by equipping ‘Time Dilation’ mods.
- Kickstart Mods: Available on Arms/Class items, kickstart mods provide ability energy in exchange for armour charge stacks.
- Font Mods: Improves your armour stats, which also provide improved cooldowns on your abilities.
- It is recommended to equip ‘Time Dilation’ mods to slow down the decay time caused by these mods.
How to apply Armour Charge Mods
- 1 − Acquire armour charge mods via Guardian Ranks.
- Veteran Players will already achieve Rank 6 at the start of Lightfall and will have most mods unlocked. Additional mods can be unlocked while progressing to Rank 7.
- 2 − Equip a Consuming (yellow) or Passive (blue) Armour Charge mod on one or more of your armour pieces.
- 🛑 Players won’t generate armour charges if no armour charge mods are equipped.
- 3 − Ensure your Guardian has sources of orb generation.
- Equipping Siphon mods on your helmet, other mods, subclass fragments, or using your super are all common sources of orb generation.
- 4 − Destroy enemies of humanity, pick up orbs, and buildcraft based on your gameplay style.